Tandil – 15.Oktober

wanted to take the first bus to tandil, but it was all fully booked
so I took the next one 14 s.th. And arrove 2 hrs later in tandil. I
wanted to go into a hotel suggested by lonely planet but the remise
driver suggested to go into another one so I took that (Roma) which
was good quality but also a bit more expensive (450 ARS). But it was
in a nice area. Dropped my stuff and asked around where I could
change blue dollars, but nobody know. So I decided to wait until
tomorrow and if I do not find someone I need to take money out of the
ATM. So I walked a bit the center and then went into a bar which was
suggested to me because of life music. But today there was none. The
people where really friendly so I stayed two beers and I start to
talk to the owners asking them whether they know somebody to change
money. They said no but they looked for somebody. And luckily there
came one. He was not an official changer so he asked me how I could
proove that the money is real. I couldnt tell him, well at least I
got 200 USD for 1:15 changed (in BSAS 1:16). I finished my beer and
returned to the hotel


morning I brought my laundry to wash and after that I wanted to have
lunch in this famous cheese restaurant, so I went there but it was
closed. So I checked the map and decided first to go to the calvario
and then doing part of the historic circuit. It was a nice walk and
as my lips got dry I took my first beer. Returned to the hostel
around 7, picked up my laundry and had a good talk with the owner. I
asked him for a good Parillada and he pointed me to a tenedor libre
(all you can eat) as he said he probably will make it around 9 pm I
went there. Normally I do not like the ALL YOU CAN EAT as the quality
is good but not very high. I waited until 9:15 but he didnt show up
so I ordered. As I assumed, the meat was good but not as good as it
is in an ‘a la carte’.

it started to rain and I had not my raincoat with me so I waited a
glass of wine more ;o) until it was not as heavy anymore. Walking to
the live music place as they said me it starts at 11pm. I reached the
place 10 minutes before 11 pm and it was closed. So I thought shit
but suddenly the owner came from inside and opened. Hmmm, life music
and no one inside, what kind of event will this be. I decided to
drink a beer and leave afterwards. But suddenly a guy came in with
guitar and 2 guests. He started to play quarter past and suddenly
more and more people came. It was an argentinan caraoke or jam
session, like it was in my early days in los gatos, california. So
the night turned out incredible. Very very good mood or buena onda. I
left at 2:30 am but the others kept on going – all above the 70ies.

Tandil → BSAS

bus to BSAS left around 1pm so I had time a bit to walk again through
the city looking for knifes, there where good shops but I couldnt
decide Also I went to the Museum of bellas artes. Probably I apply
with my pics for an exhibition next year.


arrove around 5pm in Retiro, took a cab to Alejandro. Had to send him
an SMS as his doorbell doesnt work. Suddenly he opened the door with
a welcome package in his hand, Redwine ;o)). With a very warm welcome
we went to his flat, high ceilings and Patina. This would be really
good for pics I thought. We had some more wine and alejandro
prepared some meat and potatos and tomato salad ;o). We went to the
Buquebus (no the other one) terminal as I wanted to go for a day to
Colonia in Uruguay to get dollars. But I could not by tickets today
and I should come tomorrow at 6:30 to by the ticket. No thats not for
me so I skipped this idea and we returned. To Alejandros place.

9pm we left the house and went to a Milonga in Cochabamba street. Wow
quite full and there was a tango class running. We sat in the
background and had a beer and some empanadas (incredible cheap in the
middle of SAN TELMO). We had another beer and then we left to a
typical Pulperia (gaucho restaurant with supermarket). There we had
another redwine and around 1 am we returned to the Milonga. Wow, full
full full and a lot of pretty chics. I need to learn tango. There we
stayed until 3 am and where quite done ;o).


and I was dead. Alejandro left to run and I just stayed a bit longer
in bed. On return we showered and we walked in direction La Boca
where we wanted to have lunch. We went to Boca a Boca as there a
friend of Alejandro – Rita works and lives nearby. We got a menu
for 80 pesos with very good quality and rita also participated. The
place is at night a Tango bar and I explained Rita I am desperately
looking for a tango couple to take pictures of. So she told me she
will ask around as she knows that a lot of tango dancers search for
photographers which take little or no money.

left for La Boca to have a short walk and a beer. We said good bye to
rita and returned home to buy meat and chinchilines to have on the
terasse of alejandro BBQ or Asado with some friends. But before we
went to the pulperia drank some wine and played table soccer and some
kind of old game with a frog where you need to through a chip into
the frogs mouth. We were already pretty tipsy but hat a lot of fun.
Bought meat and veggies and …. Wine what else ;o)). We prepared
everything and used his electrical stove. His friends came around 11
pm and we started to eat. The chinchulines were really great and this
was the first time he made them. We drank, ate, chatted and smoked
some weed.Really a cool evening. I received a sms from Rita that
there is a couple available at 11:30 until 12:30 to make the
shooting, woooowwwww.